1) For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
a "Us/we/the company" shall mean Plumb Yorkshire Ltd
b "You" shall mean you: the customer/client (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply of materials)
c "Our representative" shall be the person we send to you to do work.
2) Jobs on an hourly rate. The total charge to you will be the time spent by our representative doing the work. It will include all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials. Parts and materials supplied by us will be charged at the trade price.
3) Fixed Price work. Quotes will include labour and materials (unless otherwise specified). The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Quotes may need to be revised if you change the scope of the work, if there is an increase in the price of materials, or if further works turn out to be needed to do the work. If it is impossible for us to do the work for the previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote there will be no charges payable by you.
4) Deposits, when confirming a booking to undertake work; we shall ask for a 20% deposit or £500 (which ever is the lesser). This deposit secures the booking and covers initial material costs.
5) Invoices are payable immediately at the end of each job unless other settlement terms have been agreed by a director of the company or in the event of a dispute, then you are entitled to withhold part of the payment until the dispute is settled.
6) Complaints, we always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact us on 0117 981 2929 or via their website http://www.disputeresolutionombudsman.org/which-trusted-traders-partnership/
7) Time Keeping. We will make every effort to attend each job at the time and date agreed with you according to our standard terms and condition of sale.
8) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf.
9) Guarantee. We have a twelve month guarantee period of our labour and the duration of the manufacturer's guarantee for all parts or equipment supplied by us. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us, in writing, within 12 months of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within 12 months we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
10) Things we cannot cover. We are unable to guarantee parts and equipment supplied to you: if they are misused, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than us. Where we carry out works for you using your materials we can take no responsibility for the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of these materials so we cannot accept responsibility for them.
11) We cannot guarantee work where you order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will give to you either orally, or in writing.
12) We shall not be held liable for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to you not supplying materials for the job or changing the original plan of works and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
13) We shall be entitled to recover the costs or damages from any person or contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
14) We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
15) We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
16) Title To Goods. Goods supplied and delivered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full.
17) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.